Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to Blogging IDEAS

Today, this blog, is only a few days old, and I am realizing that its development will be yet another process of learning. This afternoon, I continued my ongoing search for educational resources on the topics of problem based learning, multiple intelligences and emotional intelligence, my thoughts are bursting with ideas about what this blog could offer.

While exploring a webquest about webquests and then reading through other webquests on a variety of topics, I began designing a webquests in my mind for topics relevant to innovative police education. The idea, thus taking form that a blog posting could contain an actual webquest for learning and could actually be used in conjunction with my course instruction.

Learning to blog, by using the blog has been my first learning journey. I have found that the creators of the blogger from Google have made it a user friendly process. Yesterday, I added the "Add" buttons to my dashboard and tonight, I used the mail to send an invitation to a friend. After adding a few more posts for areas of interest, I am planning to invite all of my training cohorts to blog on this spot. Also, I have began adding sites that I have visited to my draft posts. Having resources on reserve will help me to keep current blogs posted and will function as scaffolding for further learning.

2 comments:

  1. Your entry reminds me of the reason why collaboration between the Level IIIs is critical. Your journey will take you down the technology road, an area where I have no talent or interest. I on the other hand will more likely plod slowly through technical information. Seperately our experiences will bias us toward one view of police education; but together we have an opportunity to pull from each other's strengths and aviod the temptation to view this whole thing as a competitive process. In fact competition is creating a lone officer against crime mentality within our agencies so our journeys may in the end become metaphors for policing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who seek to put themselves in front of others usually end up finding themselves behind everyone. Lets make our journey to Level IV Certification for PBL Instructors a metaphor for collaboration and problem solving.

    Technology in education is not a futurists goal. It is here and it is a teaching method that is presently being utilized throughout the world to reach the distance learner and form a community of higher level thinkers in all disciplines.

    ReplyDelete